Welcome from Our Administration
Hello, I am Trish Butler, Principal of Stambaugh Middle School.
Welcome, and thank you for showing an interest in our school! Choosing a school for your child is a very important process regarding his/her educational future. The purpose of this message is to give you a chance to be a better informed shopper.
So, what does SMS offer?:
- A school enrollment of around 870 students.
- Several Pre-Academy Courses: Pre-Academy courses align with local high school academies, preparing the students by allowing them to take the introductory academy class for high school credit during 8th grade. A pre-academy student can earn high school credit in Culinary Arts, Introduction to Information Technology, TV Production, and/or Agri-science Foundations.
- Our Extramural Athletic Program consists of basketball, soccer,cross country, track, golf, tennis, and girls volleyball. (To promote academic and social skills, there are requirements to participate in these programs.)
- We also have a wide variety of electives and clubs, such as music, art, and many more!
- Advanced curriculum: Each grade level offers advanced level course work. Students have the opportunity to earn high school credit in Algebra 1, Geometry, and Earth/Space Science during either their 7th or 8th grade years.Thank you again for your interest in our school.